The Watkins Savings Bank was chartered in 1892, and remains a locally owned and independent bank. Over the years The Watkins Savings Bank has continued to grow. The original bank was located just across the street from our current building. In 1977 The Watkins Savings Bank moved to 202 First Street , Watkins , Iowa . We have continued to grow in deposits and physical size as well with additions to our bank in both 1990 and 1997. We meet the needs of our customers with a variety of banking services. Available at our bank is the convenience of a drive up teller window, internet banking, telephone banking and an ATM machine at an off site location. The primary benefit of being a locally owned and operated bank is the quick decision making and efficient delivery of services that we offer to our customers.
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
24 Hour Teller:
- 319-227-6231 or 877-676-7773*
- *Press ‘0’ at anytime during banking hours to speak directly with a bank employee.
- James Oberreuter, COB
- John Kuester
- Dennis Kimm
- Dennis Frese
- Richard Bartel
Officers & Employees
- John Kuester, President
- Richard Bartel,Vice President
- Edward M. Walter, Vice President
- Sheri McKechnie,Cashier
- Carol Schulte,Assistant Cashier
- Jolene Walter
- Becky Kinser